When opinions differ …
… then silver-plated audio cables are a popular topic for discussion. From a purely technical point of view, this precious metal has the best electrical conductivity of all metals. As far as the sonic impression is concerned, opinions on sense and nonsense of such cables often differ greatly. Here we try to shed a light into the darkness. Those different opinions are because silver, due to natural oxidation, is “alive“. Unlike copper oxyde, silver oxyde is conductive, i.e. its electrical and mechanical properties can vary slightly over a longer period of time. This also causes the tone color to change, which is why we may observe different audiophile impressions and some musicians or hi-fi enthusiasts perceive the sound of a silver cable as rather neutral, cool, or treble-prone. Of course, we want to avoid such irritations and discussions and therefore use only tightly, concentrically stranded class 6N (OFC 99. 9999%) copper wires for the SC-SILVER SPIRIT which are then refined and smoothed with the ultimate grade silver alloy (935/1000) so they will deliver lasting performance and can be processed also with silver solder neatly and without electrical losses. The SC-SILVER SPIRIT is fitted with the most advanced gas-injected and smoothed wire insulation.
- Incredibly clear, clean sound image
- Permanently neutral transmission, even after frequent use
- Flexible and robust outer jacket of temperature resistant PVC compound
- Double shielding provided by a tight braid plus carbon semiconductor
- CAUTION: The black carbon screen under the braided shield and on the insulation has a high conductance. Therefore it should by all means be removed when soldering!
- High-quality guitar/bass/instrument cable for studio and stage
- Unbalanced cable for keyboards, samplers, mixing consoles and hi-fi systems